Friday 24 August 2012

365. Today I am grateful for this project

Being that it was a leap year this year, I end this project two days before my birthday. I am also grateful for an extra day for this year and an extra day of being 29. I am grateful that I was able to complete this project. There were many wonderful things that happened in the past year but also some trials to deal with. I was able to go to Scotland in September to celebrate my Grandma’s 90th birthday with her and attend my cousins wedding, I moved to a new place, I went home to BC three times and Utah twice, I was in Utah when my nephew was born and got to meet him when he was just a few hours old, and I have now been working at a job I enjoy for just over a year with people that I love.  I was also sick for longer than I have ever been which was frustrating because I didn’t know why and my Grandma passed away which brought feelings of grief, regret and loneliness. It’s ok to feel sad; it’s part of the grieving process and important to acknowledge those feelings. As I have relied on Heavenly father through prayer I have been able to find peace and strength.

I have also found strength in writing in this blog and recognizing the blessings I have in the midst of trials. Although, I will admit there were times I got behind and thought that maybe it would be easier to give up. I am glad I didn’t. I feel like I am a positive and optimistic person by nature, it’s just been a bit more difficult lately. I still need to take the time to remind myself of the many wonderful things and people in my life and take time to acknowledge them. I also like to accomplish the things I set out to do so I am glad that I was able to write 365 entries ... and I bet I could write 365 more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment